Hcai software notice of system maintenance
Spring System Release 3.17 for HCAI Software
HCAI’s spring 2017 system release, Release 3.17, will be available on May 1, 2017. Updates in Release 3.17 include:
- New search fields in the User Management screen
- Streamlining the HCAI web interface by removing outdated and unused functions
- Continue to support newer versions of web browsers
None of the changes included in Release 3.17 will impact PMS vendors.
- There are no changes to the HCAI PMS toolkit or schemas
- PMS vendors are encouraged to regression test their systems
Planned HCAI system unavailability
In preparation for Release 3.17, the following system unavailability window is planned:
April 28—May 1, 2017
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, April 28, 2017 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) on Monday, May 1, 2017.
- Every Facility must have all of its transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, April 28, 2017.
- Improvements to the user search screen
Users with the Facility User Administrator role will be able to search for users by additional criteria: user name and email. These improvements will give more flexibility to user administrators.
We have also made improvements to the ‘User Search Results’ screen. The new default sort order will be by User Name. When the ‘Refine Search’ button is pressed, the previous search criteria will be retained.
- The removal of the ‘Pending’ tab in HCAI
‘Pending’ was a document status that was removed as an adjudication option for Insurers back in Spring 2015. We are pleased to report that there are no remaining documents in ‘Pending’ status in HCAI.
Starting in Release 3.17, users will no longer see the ‘Pending’ tab in their worklists. This will streamline the view for users and have no impact on workflow, as there are no documents in ‘Pending’ status left in HCAI.
- A streamlined view of ‘Totalling’ on the OCF-21C
The ‘Calculate’ column, which appears on the OCF-21C in the ‘Totalling’ section at the bottom of Tab 3, is being removed from web view. This column was only relevant when the PAF was in effect. Related instructional text will also be removed. There will be no change to the printed OCF-21C.
The Calculate button will now sum all of the values in the Proposed column, including “Tax (if applicable)”.
- Continue to support new versions of web browsers
For the safest user experience, use HCAI on a supported, up-to-date web browser. HCAI recommends using Internet Explorer 11 for Microsoft users and Safari 9 for Mac users.
- Share this HCAI Update with individuals at your organization who interact with the HCAI system
- Keep checking HCAIinfo – HCAI’s dedicated eLearning resource site—over the coming months for more information. HCAI software.